Google Drive for iOS updated w/ 3D Touch support, Slide Over & Split View multitasking [Updated]
Google today has updated its Drive app on iOS with a handful of notable new features and enhancements. First off, today’s update to Drive, which bumps the app to version 4.4, adds 3D Touch support for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users. Now, pushing with more pressure on the Drive app icon will bring up two options, one to quickly upload photos and another to quickly search the contents of your Drive.
Next, the update adds the ability to receive push notifications whenever a new file is shared with you. Also, searching through Spotlight in iOS will now bring up files you have saved in Drive, allowing you to easily jump to it without first having to open to open the app.
Finally, version 4.4 of Google Drive for iOS adds support for Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad and iPad Pro. While these features aren’t mentioned in the changelog of the update, they appear to be new in this version. Now, while using Drive on an iPad, you can have the app running on part or half of your display while another app occupies the rest of it.
The changelog for there update can be seen below. The latest version of Drive is available now on theApp Store for free.
What’s New in Version 4.4
• Get notifications for new files shared with you
• Use 3D Touch to open recent files, upload photos or search
• Find and open files in Drive from iOS Search
What’s New in Version 3.3
– With X-Ray you’re one tap away from IMDB information on actors, songs, and trivia as you watch videos.
– Can’t wait to watch the next episode of your favorite TV show? With Next Up, when the current episode you’re watching ends, the next episode automatically plays.
– 3D touch quick actions let you access your favorite features faster and in fewer steps (only available on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus)
– Multitask while you watch videos with Picture in Picture and Slide Over (on supported devices)
– This version of the app adds support for iPad Pro
What’s New in Version 6.3
– 3D Touch Support: Quickly get to your most recent files from the OneDrive icon on your home screen.
– By popular demand: Scoped folder search for your personal OneDrive account.
– Microsoft Intune mobile application management support.