Updates on iOS & Android: Spice Up the Emails You Want to Send and Unsend the Ones You Don’t
Realize you accidentally chose the wrong email recipient or catch a typo last minute? Don’t stress – starting today, we’re giving iOS users the ability to take back an email right after it’s been sent. After you press send, an option to “undo” will appear at the bottom of your inbox feed for three seconds. Just click that and you’ll stop the email from sending! Phew!
Now when you search for a person in Mail, in addition to their most recent emails, you’ll also see their contact card with information including picture, phone number and email history. And no, you don’t have to enter any of this manually. We’ll pull all of this together with a little Yahoo magic, leveraging Xobni technology.
Keep an eye out for a number of fun, updated animations in Mail, including our animated Star button and wiggling Trashcan.
What’s new for Android?
We know you love sending fun, thoughtful emails whether you’re on your computer or your phone, so we’re bringing Stationery, courtesy of Paperless Post, to Android. Now you can add an extra touch to your emails with our Stationery themes, making that birthday wish to your best friend or thank you letter to Grandma that much more special.
A Few Other Updates
- Document Preview: Previewing an attachment will not only save you space and data, but you can now view large files on your phone or tablet significantly faster, without any download.
- Home Screen Widgets: We’re adding a fourth widget that shows the unread message count for all your accounts and mailboxes.
- Disable Swiping: You ask, we deliver. We’re bringing you the ability to turn off the swipe to delete functionality. Never accidentally delete an email again.
- Spacing: We want to make sure your inbox reads just how you like it. So, as many of you have requested, you can now choose five levels of inbox spacing, from super-dense (no avatars, no message snippet) to super-expanded (several lines of message snippet).
- Update to Themes: We’ve updated the dark grey theme to be extra-high-contrast.
The new iOS and Android features are rolling out today, so be sure to update your Yahoo Mail app from the App Store and the Play Store to the latest versions ( iOS 4.5 and Android 5.6). As always, we’d love to hear your feedback – just go to Settings and tap “Send Feedback.”